I, Cindy, have NO CLUE how to play sports. JEFF, got kicked off of the football team because he was a punk kid that talked back to the coach. Combine the two of us together, and you get...... Ethan and Isaac. Let me explain...
Ethan is VERY sensitive and analytical. He thinks EVERYTHING through, and would MUCH rather build things with Legos and play with his trains than go outside and play ANYTHING. Jeff and I decided that Ethan needed to learn to be a "team player." He is so bossy and independent that we thought it would be good for him to play a TEAM sport. Thus, accomplishing a few things 1) He learns to be a team player 2) He makes friends that are his own age 3) He "toughins" up a little. So, yesterday, I spent some time explaining to Ethan that he was going to HAVE to play a sport. I gave him the option of T-Ball or Soccer. After watching a couple of youtube videos on both sports, Ethan decides that he will choose T-Ball. WHY???? Well, in Soccer, YOU have to HIT the ball with your HEAD. In T-Ball, you get to wear a helmet so that the BALL doesn't HIT you in the HEAD!!! Well.....at least he thought it through.
On our way to register today, I kept asking Ethan if this was his "Final Answer." After reassuring me that he was now excited for T-Ball, I accepted and walked into the registration office. The nice lady at the desk asked Ethan which sport he wanted to do. He promptly answered- T-Ball. THEN Isaac piped in and announced that HE would be playing SOCCER!! I explained to Isaac that he was to too little for soccer, but maybe next year. He shouted "I! AM! NOT! TOO! LITTLE!! WATCH!!" Then he ran to the other end of the office, RAN really FAST (well as fast as his little legs would go) and KICKED an imaginary ball! THEN, he did some sort of Karate moves and FELL flat on his BUM!! Of course, he started crying, and came to mommy for comfort. When I picked him up, he said to me. "I am too little for soccer." And that was that!
Now, I am off to Wal-Mart to find a glove, shoes, pants, and a T-Ball set to practice with! Thus starts my journey as a mother of BOYS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a cute story! See...I am glad you blog about these things, because otherwise I probably wouldn't hear about these things. :o) Especially living way out in the boondocks. I am also glad that I don't have to worry about the sports scene just yet... Have fun with the T-ball experience! I played it and liked it too!
ReplyDelete